Mobex Global, located in Fruitport Michigan, is hiring X-Ray Readers for 3rd shift.
Mobex Global – MI
Phone: (616) 935-3041
An X-Ray Reader inspects castings for defects and internal soundness of the part.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reads and interprets radioscopic or radiographic images to accept or reject castings.
- Follow and adhere to the NDT certification program.
- Perform inspections per the written instructions supplied by the company and/or customer.
- Follow written instructions unless administered written authorization from the Quality Manager for deviation.
- Demonstrate the ability to follow procedures in the radioscopic and radiographic techniques for which certified.
- Ensure that x-ray equipment is functioning within operating parameters correctly.
- Observes x-ray equipment for malfunctions and makes adjustments or repairs as directed to ensure that the equipment will operate at maximum efficiency, safely and correctly.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Completes all production & quality paperwork in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. These requirements are, however, subject to the discretion of the hiring manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Near Vision: Jaeger Type 2 at 12 inches (30.5 cm) or greater
- Must be able to read and understand work instructions.
- Must be able to write and complete required paperwork and enter information into Plex system.
- Must have basic math skills – add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Must be team oriented.
- Must pass both practical and written exam upon completion of training.
- Must be able to problem solve and troubleshoot.
- Excellent Attendance.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS include the following:
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Bending/Twisting 40%
- Standing 100%
- Walking 50%
- Reaching 20%
- Lifting 15%
- Stooping 5%
- Ability to work in conditions which may include seasonal hot and humid conditions, dust, noise and other elements for extended periods of time.
- Excellent wages based on experience!
- Competitive benefits offered!
*This is the opportunity to build a career, not just another job. Only motivated, serious candidates with a willingness to learn need apply.Mobex Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer