Albion, IN and Edon, OH
Mobex Global needs motivated, energetic people seeking full-time employment to join our team.
Job Title: Maintenance Tech
Prepared By: Human Resource Dept
Prepared Date: 9/24/19
- Reporting to the Mobex Global Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Tech is responsible for trouble shooting and repair of electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic systems, along with performing all OM’s on machines. In this position, you will be responsible for facility and grounds upkeep and may work alone or with a crew. You must be a well-rounded individual who can perform on a variety of equipment units, perform building maintenance
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Repair of machines and buildings electrical and mechanical systems.
- Perform PM’s on all machines per schedules if required.
- Install new machinery per layouts.
- Complete all reports as required.
- Prepare part list for ordering and submit to supervisor.
- Travel to multiple plants, may be required.
- Reporting of any safety violations or safety concerns.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform maintenance PM’s on production machines per directions given by PM leader.
- Assist maintenance in other areas as directed by the maintenance supervisor
- Travel to multiple plants may be required
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Delegation: Delegates work assignments; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
- Quality: Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and Security: Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.