Mobex Global, located in Fruitport Michigan, is hiring a Heat Treat Operator to work a split shift with hours of 6pm – 2:30am.
Mobex Global – MI
Phone: (616) 935-3041
A Heat Treat Operator monitors the performance of the heat treat furnaces and ensures consistent quality of castings within design specifications and tolerance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Load and unload heat treat racks into heat treat ovens.
- Accurately enter data into heat treat log sheets.
- Work with production and maintenance to trouble-shoot heat treat issues.
- Operate the New Age Brinell Hardness Testing machine and accurately record data.
- Utilize grinding tools to prepare castings for Brinell Hardness machine.
- Perform mechanical release of heat lots.
- Review video of quench process performance to ensure maximum efficiency of operation while maintaining quality standards.
- Review and monitor heat treat process temperature for adherence to quality standards and provide heat lot approval.
- Operate Band Saw and Lathe.
- Perform some mechanical work.
- Change quench filters on daily basis.
- Uphold Quality standards by ensuring that all products meet customer specification requirements.
- Enter data as needed into PLEX.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. These requirements are, however, subject to the discretion of the hiring manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to read and understand work instructions.
- Must be able to write and complete required paperwork and enter information into Plex system.
- Must be team oriented.
- Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Must have the ability to problem solve and troubleshoot.
- Must have basic math skills – add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Must have experience with computers.
- PLEX knowledge is preferred.
- Must be able to work in fast paced environment.
- Must be able to obtain a mobile equipment permit.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS include the following:
- Lifting up to 30 lbs. intermittently throughout the shift
- Standing 30%
- Sitting 15%
- Bending, twisting, stooping 15%
- Walking 30%
- Fine manipulation 10%
- Ability to work in conditions which may include seasonal hot and humid conditions, dust, noise and other elements for extended periods of time.
- Excellent wages based on experience!
- Competitive benefits offered!
*This is the opportunity to build a career, not just another job. Only motivated, serious candidates with a willingness to learn need apply.
Mobex Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer