Mobex Global – Southfield, MI
26290 W. 8 Mile Road
Phone: (248) 357-5180
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Will setup and operate any of the following machines to produce parts and assemblies to exact tolerances at expected production levels: pallet transfers, dial machines, conveyors, leak testers, washers, assembly operations, CNC lathes, Assembly Presses, CNC milling machines, and other equipment either as standalone machines or set in manufacturing cell type processes that may include several CNC machines or Dial transfer machines, automation, robotics, conveyors, gages and other equipment required for the process.
- Read standard gauges, use precision tools, understand work instructions and diagrams and be able to utilize those reports for troubleshooting problems in the machinery or other related equipment.
- Responsible for the quality of the products produced by the manufacturing cell to which he/she is assigned to. The Technician will verify conformance of machined and / or assembled parts to specifications using hand gages and/or CMM reports and be able to perform corrections to his/her assigned machinery or process to maintain the quality and the quantity of parts expected from the process.
- Responsible to conduct SPC checks as indicated in corresponding Control Plan and/or other Work Instructions assigned to the job, this may include visually inspection of parts, measuring of characteristics utilizing hand gages, CMM reports and/or other measuring methods as described in the specific Work instructions and Control Plan documentation. Must also understand the SPC Infinity System and use it as a tool to control the quality of the process.
- Responsible to maintain and complete all required reports and documentation as described in the Work instructions and/or Control Plan, this include written reports, specific job assigned forms, use of electronic forms or reports, etc.
- Responsible to maintain his/her assigned work area clean and organized including gage tables, work areas, information boards, and areas surrounding their assigned job
- Perform minor equipment repairs, perform Preventative Maintenance activities, replace tooling, replace machine components, troubleshoot machinery and equipment including automation, robotics, etc.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in CNC Technician role.
- Basic knowledge on Computer Numerical Control type machinery
- Basic knowledge on CNC programming G&M codes
- Basic knowledge on Blueprint reading for machining applications
- Basic knowledge on Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance.
- Basic knowledge on hydraulic systems, lubrication and mechanical equipment
- Basic knowledge on machining and assembly processes
- Basic knowledge on cutting tooling and setup
- Basic understanding of Control Plan, FMEA, Flow Charts,
- Proficient understanding of CMM reports, gage readings, etc.
- Proficient in utilizing CMM reports or gages to adjustments to assigned process
- Mechanical skills able to work with hand and power tools
- Must have skills and experience in utilizing hand tools, small power tools, climbing ladders and/or on machinery and equipment as required.
- Responsible to have and maintain a proper toolbox with the necessary tools to perform the assigned jobs as described above.
- Basic computer skills
- Plex experience helpful
- Team player, high level of energy and ability to communicate clearly
- Basic knowledge of SPC and other quality systems needed
- Basic knowledge of IATF-16949 auditing process needed
- Regular attendance at work is required
- Must be able to work necessary daily or weekend overtime when required.
- Must be able work 2nd or 3rd shifts.
- Physical requirements include being able to carry, push, pull, lift heavy objects (over 35 lbs) regularly. Must be able to bend, stoop, lift and reach. Will be exposed to loud noise, odors, dust, drafts, temperature differences, coolant and operating machinery. Must be able to wear required PPE including mask.
- Excellent wages based on experience!
- Competitive benefits offered!
*This is the opportunity to build a career, not just another job.
Mobex Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer