Mobex Global, located in Fruitport Michigan, has immediate openings for Casting Operators.
Mobex Global – MI
Phone: (616) 935-3041
A Caster Operator will operate a casting, permanent mold, or other production equipment used to form aluminum castings and to process them as directed by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that production equipment is functioning within operating parameters correctly.
- References operating documents as needed.
- Ensures that production equipment is producing or processing castings that meet the customer’s quality requirements.
- References process and quality documents as needed.
- Observes machines and equipment for malfunction and makes adjustments or repairs as directed to ensure that the equipment will operate at maximum efficiency, within operating parameters, safely and correctly.
- Identifies scrap and segregates it from product that meets customer specifications. Identifies all containers as to quality of product, status of product and part and/or job number.
- Accurately tracks and documents productivity information for the production cell, as directed.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Completes all production documentation and enters information into Plex or other format; ensures it is completed in a timely manner.
- Relieves other employees for breaks, as needed.
- Recommends improvements for completing tasks and/or for casting improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. These requirements are, however, subject to the discretion of the hiring manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to read and understand work instructions.
- Must be able to complete required paperwork and report out information utilizing Plex or other required format.
- Must be team oriented.
- Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Must have the ability to problem solve and troubleshoot.
- Must have basic math skills – add, subtract, multiply and divide.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS include the following:
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Bending/Twisting 40%
- Standing 100%
- Walking 50%
- Ability to work in conditions which may include seasonal hot and humid conditions, dust, noise and other elements for extended periods of time.
- Excellent wages based on experience!
- Competitive benefits offered!
*This is the opportunity to build a career, not just another job. Only motivated, serious candidates with a willingness to learn need apply.
Mobex Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer