This position is very fast pace and you will work around entire plant on multiple machines. The Tool Setter is responsible for calibration and operation of cutting machines, including lathes, borers, cutters, and drill presses. Inspect products for defects and recalibrate machines.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry and trigonometry necessary.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
· Vocational school or certificate plus 2 or more years of related experience and/or training.
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. PPE is required.
This is manufacturing role; you must be able to lift 50 pounds, to bend, twist, pull and push. The ability to stand for 12 hours.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking. Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing. Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations. Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching. Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 50 pounds Requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes and gases.
Travel: Travel between plants may be required
Mobex Global considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.