Non-Exempt ☒ Exempt ☐
Job Summary: The Tool Grinder is responsible for running and operating an ANCA CNC cutter grinder and supporting production needs.
· Resharpen used tooling back to its original condition
· Providing tooling support for production needs
· Inspect used tooling daily and place them in their designated area
· Filling out basic excel spreadsheets
· Ship and receive tools for the tooling coater
· Routing sharpened tools to their specified location
· Logging damage tool tags
· Keeping area clean
· Able to travel to multiple plants
· Other duties as assigned
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Able to read and properly use Micrometers, Calipers, Dial Indicators, 6” scale
· Able to understand conversational programming
· Must know how to read and understand basic blueprints
· Able to do basic computer functions
· Ability to carry out instructions with minimal supervision
· Trouble-shooting skills
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
Education and Experience:
· Must have machining experience
· This job operates in a manufacturing/production environment
· This is manufacturing role; you must be able to lift 50 pounds, to bend, twist, pull and push. The ability to stand for 8 hours.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
• Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
• Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
• Requires standing, sitting, walking, bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
• Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 50 pounds
• Requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes and gases.
Travel: Travel between plants may be required.
Mobex Global considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.