Why Join Us
Here at Mobex Global we are shaping the future of mobility! Not only are we a leader in the automotive industry but we also are a trusted partner to the heavy duty, construction, agriculture, industrial markets. As the industry relentlessly moves forward, we remain in step in delivering advanced cast and machine aluminum components to support new platform requirements for lighter weight, better durability, and superior performance. Our leadership, sales, engineering, and design teams are ready to solve the most complex vehicle component challenges.
Benefits Overview: The goal of Mobex Global is to support the health and well – being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes the following benefits:- Paid time off including vacation and holidays. – Healthcare (including a health savings account, dependent care flexible spend account, employee assistance program and telemedicine option), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family. – Company matching and profit-sharing contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement. – Discount on gym memberships, supplier codes for employee vehicle discount, cell phone discounts, banking bonuses and many others.
***We partner with Wheels to Work!
POSITION SUMMARY: The Robotics Engineer oversees design and implementation of robotics and integration with PLC’s ensuring proper operation of casting equipment using robotic automation interfaced with PLC based equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manages integration of Robots with control systems and equipment.
- Develop and maintain the robotic systems and provide solutions to reduce downtime.
- Lead the development and startup of new robotic installations.
- Manage and develop robotic standards to keep up with current technologies and safety standards.
- Review scheduling of cells and coordinate new job to cell changeovers.
- Conduct research and development activities associated with design and testing of control circuits, power requirements, programmable controls, robotic, and hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Coordinate the design and installation of controls on machine rebuilds/relocations. Participate in the approval of controls design & build of all equipment used.
- Contact vendors to specify control equipment necessary to maintain machine operation or development of machinery.
- Assist in training plant personnel regarding technical subjects related to the use and set-up of new/rebuild processes/of machinery, as well as use of programmable controllers and other control equipment according to specifications.
- Develop and maintain company controls and robotics standards.
- Assist Stockroom with spare parts and obsolescence of components.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university required.
- Basic understanding of casting operations.
- Basic PLC programming and troubleshooting.
- Prior robotic or maintenance experience is required.
- Must be self-motivated with an ability to problem-solve and troubleshoot.
- Must be able to read and understand work instructions.
- Ability to communicate with all levels within plant.
- Must possess mechanical, electrical and computer aptitude.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Robotics Technicians
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This is a full-time, exempt position with scheduled on-site hours Monday through Friday.
AAP/EEO Statement: Mobex Global considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.