Why Join Us
Here at Mobex Global we are shaping the future of mobility! Not only are we a leader in the automotive industry but we also are a trusted partner to the heavy duty, construction, agriculture, industrial markets. As the industry relentlessly moves forward, we remain in step in delivering advanced cast and machine aluminum components to support new platform requirements for lighter weight, better durability, and superior performance. Our leadership, sales, engineering, and design teams are ready to solve the most complex vehicle component challenges.
The goal of Mobex Global is to support the health and well – being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes the following benefits:· Paid time off including vacation and holidays.· Healthcare (including a health savings account, dependent care flexible spend account, employee assistance program and telemedicine option), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family.· Company matching and profit-sharing contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement.· Discount on gym memberships, supplier codes for employee vehicle discount, cell phone discounts, banking bonuses and many others
Mobex Global is needing to hire 2nd (2pm-10:30pm) and 3rd (10pm-6:30am) shift Machinists. An additional .50 cent shift is added to the hourly rate.
MONTHLY EMPLOYEE APPRECIATION EVENTS!!
***We partner with Wheels to Work!
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Tool & Mold Manager, the incumbent analyzes specifications, lays out metal stock, sets up and operates machine tools, and fits and assembles parts to fabricate and repair metalworking dies, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures, gauges, and machinists’ hand tools.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Studies specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualizes product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes and milling machine to machine parts, and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.
- Programming of CNC controls using basic “G” code.
- Lifts machined parts and positions and secures parts on surface plate or worktable.
- Smooths flat and contoured surfaces and power grinders, and fits and assembles parts together and into assemblies and mechanisms.
- Communicate information to next shift operator or lead person.
- Use a variety of shop equipment to build components
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) or 1 years’ experience in casting or machining.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in a fast- paced tool shop environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to read and use measuring instruments: micrometers, calipers, hole gauges and depth micrometers.
- Ability to understand g code programming and ability to set up and run CNC milling machines for construction of 3-d mold cavities and 2-d planar milling.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY:NoneWORK ENVIRONMENT:This job is performed in a casting facility which has various environments and working conditions.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Lifting up to 15 lbs. intermittently throughout the shift
- Standing/Walking 80%
- Sitting 10%
- Stooping 15%
- Use of hand tools intermittently throughout shift 10%
- Must be able to perform in conditions which may include seasonal hot and humid conditions, dust, noise and other elements for extended period of time.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK: This is a full-time, non-exempt position with scheduled hours Monday through Friday. Overtime may occur during the work week or weekends and will be based on production needs.
AAP/EEO STATEMENT: Mobex Global considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.