Subject: EHS Administrator – 1st shift –
We will be hiring for the above position/shift. If you possess the qualifications listed and/or are interested in being considered for the position, please complete a Job Interest Form and return by 5:00 pm Friday January 27, 2023
Summary: Establishes and promotes the maintenance of a safe, accident free, and healthy work environment by performing the following duties personally and through other teammates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Assist with the annual review of Written Safety Program
- Coordinate and conduct annual safety compliance training for employees
- Coordinate and conduct quarterly safety training and program meetings for supervisors
- Coordinate and conduct monthly Health and Safety Committee meeting.
- Ensure job site safety inspections are conducted and Job Hazard Analysis has been completed
- Coordinate/assist with investigations / root cause analysis for all injuries and significant near miss incidents to include handling of all injuries
- Coordinate / document monthly facility inspection
- Coordinate / develop material for monthly Tool Box Talks
- Conduct periodic refresher training on specific topics
- Confined Space
- Forklift certification
- First Aid
- Hot work
- Research safety related topics on OSHA sites as needed
- Maintain all safety records as required or directed
- Maintain OSHA 300 Logs
- Provide Safety Orientation for New Employees
- Custodian of machine power isolation log
- Maintain required active & inactive SDS logs
- Monitor and enforcement of company safety Policy, process and from documents
- Build strong safety culture with assistance of safety team through communication and leadership skills – with ultimate goal of developing behavioral orientation of the program
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. These requirements are, however, subject to the discretion of the hiring manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Willingness to become certified in OSHA 30.
- Maintain certifications for
- First Aid
- Leadership skills to work with strong and experienced safety team
- Strong computer skills with ability to conduct own research, write programs, develop presentations
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. Time spent on production floor for completing certain aspects of position thus exposure to seasonally hot and humid conditions, dust, noise and other elements will occur.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma
- Knowledge of OSHA 1910 and 1926
This job is performed in a casting facility. Exposure to various work environments (space and temperature) will occur.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Overtime may occur during the work week or weekends. Ability to respond to EHS inquiries during off shift hours is necessary.