Mobex Global, a leading CNC machining organization, located in Northeast Indiana, has an immediate opening for a Controls Engineering Technician.
SINCE THE OPENING OF ITS FIRST PLANT IN 1997, MOBEX GLOBAL HAS BECOME A NATIONAL LEADER IN CNC MACHINING.
Mobex Global – Avilla – IN
Phone: (260) 636-7030
POSITION SUMMARY: Controls Engineering Technician to support the sustainment of automated control systems in a high-volume CNC machining environment on either the 2nd or 3rd shift. As part of the manufacturing engineering team, the ideal candidate will have 3+ years in troubleshooting AB, Siemens, and Fanuc platforms. A high school diploma or GED is required. Advanced training is a plus.
· A Controls Engineering Technician will assist the controls engineer and the operations team, as required, to diagnose, troubleshoot, and maintain electrical control systems of CNC mils, robots, conveyor, presses, and other integrated equipment.
· Assist in training plant personnel regarding the technical aspects related to the use of new/rebuild processes of machinery and automated equipment.
· Assist with troubleshooting and repair of down equipment.
· Ability to navigate ladder logic in both Allen Bradley and Siemens Controllers.
· Assist with general parts research as necessary.
· Analyze and resolves machine and conveyor problems.
· Resolve quality issues and assist with implementing corrective actions.
· Participate in all equipment run-offs as required as part of the engineering review process.
· Perform other duties as required by direct supervisor.
· Knowledge of wiring standards and ability to work with 24VDC through 480VAC, 3-Phase.
· Ability to use test equipment such as a multi-meter, megger, phase rotation meter, and oscilloscope.
· Ability to read and understand blueprints and schematics.
· Ability and knowledge to troubleshoot and repair electrical problems of CNC mills, robots, conveyor, press equipment, and other integrated equipment and hardware such as vision systems, laser etchers, load cells, barcode readers, part sensing, etc.
· Familiarity with Fanuc robots for recovery, point touch-up, and program change.
· Ability to work within multidisciplinary teams.
· High School Diploma or general education degree (GED).
Mobex Global considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.